Blair (at) Armeau (dot) net
Full Stack Software Systems Engineer, Administrator, and Full Stack Developer
Innovative software engineer with 15+ years’ progressive technical experience and proven commitment to company and project visions. Collaborate remotely with multi-discipline team to design, develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, interfaces, and designs for software systems. Professional software trainer, that loves to share knowledge, breaking down complex tasks into manageable, easily understood information. Continual learner of new technologies.
- Software Troubleshooting & Debugging
- Network and Server Installation & Configuration
- Beowulf & Hadoop Clusters
- MBTI-INTJ-Independent, Original, Quick, Organized
- Problem Solving & Data Analytics
- Network Troubleshooting & Hardware Knowledge
- Software Project Management
- Design & Build Databases
Navy Federal Credit Union
Promoted through a series of increasingly responsible positions based on performance, a willingness to grow, improve, expand knowledge, share information, and the ability to create lasting relationships with employees and managers.
Systems Engineer 4 – Information Services - 2019–present
Transfered to new position in order to research, evaluate, design, implement and maintain system and product solutions by applying knowledge of engineering principles. Provides technical direction and engineering support for projects and infrastructure. Develops and maintains expert functional knowledge fo evolving IT engineering industry technologies, concepts, and trends.
- Full life-cycle project management
Systems Engineer 4 – Service Transition - 2010–2019
Promoted to serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all LOTUS/IBM Notes administration, development, client support, system maintenance, and interoperability with other systems such as DB2 and mainframe. Served as both ad-hoc programmer and administrator to support both legacy and one-off solutions.
- Primary point of contact for developers to troubleshoot and diagnose problems including performance and capacity issues.
- Led software development and deployment in Teamstudio CIAO and related tools.
- Assisted and cross trained in ChangeMan ZMF, Serena Dimensions, SVN, Jenkins, GIT, and GitHub.
- Mentored and cross trained staff with development; primary author of training materials and documentation.
Senior Lotus Notes Administrator – Telecommunications - 2004–2010
Tapped for role during major organizational restructuring to serve as primary point of contact for installing database update. Updated operating systems, server components, and supported 100+ physical and virtual servers on Windows and AIX platforms.
- Built out multiple test environments for developers, including building servers, installing server operating systems, installing applications, and applying security restrictions.
- Maintained production, integration, quality, training, and unit testing environments; led all aspects of Lotus Notes Domino Infrastructure including databases and mail.
- Collaborated with developers and provide database updates daily.
Additional Roles at Navy Federal Credit Union
Functions Analyst & Programmer – R&D
Computer Training Specialist
- Created customer training courses for various business units to support training requirements.
- Hosted and attended Microsoft Windows server configuration and desktop configuration certification courses.
Workstation Analyst – Information Services
M.S., Computer Science - Southwest Texas State University
B.A., Mathematics - Schreiner College
Certifications & Training
ITIL Foundation Certification
Lotus Notes and Domino Administrator
Lotus Notes and Domino Developer
Lotus Notes and Domino Trainer